Protecting Arkansas’ children by investing in Child Advocacy Centers
The purpose of the not-for-profit Children’s Advocacy Centers of Arkansas (CACA) is to promote, assist, and support the development, growth, and continuation of CACs in the State of Arkansas so that every child victim has access to the services of a CAC.
All services provided by the membership of Children’s Advocacy Centers of Arkansas are provided at no cost to child victims of abuse or their families.
The Children’s Advocacy Centers of Arkansas is hiring a fulltime Executive Director. The purpose of the CACA is to promote, assist and support the development, growth and continuation of CACs in the State of Arkansas so that every child victim has access to the services of a CAC.
Submit resume to:
Jennifer Long, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Title: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
This exempt employee will report to and be supervised by the Board of Directors of Children’s Advocacy Centers of Arkansas (CACA).
The Executive Director provides oversight and direction to the planning, development, and management of the daily operation of the state chapter, which supports the needs of Children’s Advocacy Centers (CACs) throughout Arkansas. The Executive Director works in partnerships with the Board of Directors, individual CAC directors, and other key constituents to mobilize, strengthen, and create awareness of child abuse while generating support for CACA.
- Program Development
- Assists Chapter in developing and maintaining effective child advocacy programs dealing with child abuse;
- Works in conjunction with the Board of Directors to develop effective means of auditing, monitoring, evaluating and otherwise reviewing CACs to ensure compliance with state standards;
- Provides support, assistance, and mentoring for Child Advocacy Centers;
- Works with other state and national organizations on behalf of children; and
- Stays current with trends and best practices on issues related to CACs.
- Fiscal Management
- In conjunction with the CACA Board of Directors, ensures the financial viability of CACA through fiduciary oversight of the annual budget, compliance with standard accounting practices, and coordination of annual third party audits of financial records; and
- Administer grant application and reporting processes to include sub-award administration.
- Performs and oversees the administrative tasks necessary to assure effective operation of the office of CACA, including, but not limited to:
- Producing annual report for CACA; and
- Coordinating data statewide for purposes of reporting to the State of Arkansas and other funding sources.
- Public Policy
- Coordinates and oversees all public policy activities, including, but not limited to:
- Promoting CACA mission to legislators and other public policy agencies;
- Educating the public regarding the CAC model, a coordinated, community-based effort to end child abuse;
- Tracking and informing the Board of Directors of legislation concerning child advocacy issues;
- Attending appropriate legislative and public policy meetings and events.
- Board Relations
- Provides administrative support to the Board of Directors and to all board committees of CACA;
- Reports to the Board of Directors; and
- Works in collaboration with the Board of Directors to develop, implement, and update the strategic plan for CACA.
- Resource Development
- Develops and maintains the financial strength and viability of CACA including fiscal accountability to Board, membership, grantors, contractors, and other appropriate bodies;
- Public Relations/Marketing
- Oversees and implements the marketing and public relations plan to promote public awareness of child abuse and the mission of CACA.
- Bachelor’s level degree in appropriate field;
- Unquestionable integrity;
- Previous management experience;
- Successful fund-raising and grant-writing experience;
- Experience in database, spreadsheet, and word-processing computer skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Satisfactory background check;
- Willingness to travel; and
- Must be a resident of Central Arkansas or willing to relocate.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in appropriate field, experience in child abuse prevention; management experience in non-profit organization; experience working with Child Advocacy Centers; and familiarity with legislative process.